October 28, 2007

i once had a step-mom who thought I had no arms

my parents divorced when I was like 6 or something. when I was a kid I used to have a pair of those pajamas that had the little footies on 'em. I used to enjoy cracking up all the adults by pulling the waistband all the way up to my neck. my dad took a picture of me like that once.

fast forward a few years. my dad is remarried to Pam. who was only like 8 or 9 years older than me. I was living in Oregon and my dad and his new wife were living in Cupertino, Ca. (south bay area). they both drove up to to visit me. me and my mom lived in a trailer park. I was waiting out front of the trailer park, and when I saw them pulling up I stuck my thumb out like I was hitching a ride. my dad was totally game. asks me where I'm headed. I say something like "just inside the park a few blocks." i hop in. Pam is looking at me sort of weird. eventually it becomes obvious that he's my dad and I'm his son. Pam is looking at me even weirder. turns out, she'd seen that picture of me with my pj bottoms pulled up to my neck, and she thought my dad had a son that had no arms, but never wanted to talk about the "no arms" thing. she was really freaked out. she really really thought I had no arms.

No comments: