April 21, 2008

stupid freakin' mice

A few days ago the right front speaker in my truck was making a dreadful racket. Sounded like it was about to blow out. The next morning it was back to normal. Next day I left it parked in the Zion National Park visitors center parking lot all day. When I got back from hiking I wasn't getting any sound at all. Not even staticy noise. So I figgered I'd wait till the next day to see if it magically fixed itself like it did before. Well, this morning I start it up, still no sound.

So I'm driving along and figgered I otta turn on my headlights. TA-DA! I'm getting sound again. Turn the lights back off, no sound.

I can't get any sound out of my car stereo unless I have my headlights on. The stereo works, just no sound.

So this afternoon on my way back from Utah I stop at a gas station/convenience store for some gatorade and when I'm done paying for my stuff I poke my head into the garage there and tell them about my predicament. One of the guys says it's probably mice in my dashboard, eating stuff. "If you leave any crumbs inside your vehicle then the mice get in there and go to town."

Well, i had left freakin' trail mix on the floorboard of my truck. After talking to him I took a look at my floorboard and all that trail mix, sunflower seeds, etc (crap that mice like) was gone.

WELCOME TO YELLOWSTONE YOU FUCKIN' MICE! HOW YA LIKIN' IT HERE IN THE LAND OF THE ICE AND SNOW? BITCHES! AINT QUITE THE SAME AS FREAKIN' SOUTHERN UTAH, IS IT? HOPE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS FREEZE!


2 comments:

leftoverking said...

ho man. my stereo only works with the headlights on too, but it has always been like that. dang. rodents can be a drag

reverend atman said...

yeah, but what I'm really worried about is what further damage they might do to my wiring if they're still in the dash of my truck.